Since You are here… I know how much including me LOVE Night vision scope, and it’s capabilities and the Technology used in it many ask What’s the best night vision scope so i made a list with in-depth analysis.
Military uses it Law Enforcement uses it..
And You can Imagine what you can do with this! (To me it Feels like a billionaire Batman Equipment)
Maybe you are looking for the best night vision scope for hog hunting
Here is a list of 10 Best Night Vision Scope 2019.
If you are in a hurry, these two are the best of the Best Night Vision Scope.
- Firefield FF16001 NVRS 3×42 Night Vision Riflescope (best night vision scope for the money)
- Pulsar Trail XQ Thermal Riflescope (Expensive but have potent features with thermal technology)
Best night vision Scope
|Brand Name||Max Range||Price|
Max range 75 to 100 yards
Here is a detailed Review of each Scope
1: Firefield FF16001 NVRS 3×42 Night Vision Riflescope (best night vision scope under $500) :
Firefield FF16001 night vision Riflescope is one of the best night vision scope available in the market. It features a titanium body (only a few optics on the market) because of this the weight is very less as compared to other scopes.
Its magnification lets you see, and hit your target without much of an issue. It has well built-in, high power IR illuminator that increases image details and increases viewing range in darkness. Firefield FF16001 features impressive sharpness and clarity, Which is why it is perfect for hunting.
Its 3x magnification will bring any target closer to you. Easy to use controls when you have a faraway destination you want to target effectively.
It is one of the best scopes for a lightweight rifle used for shooting or hunting at night. Best suitable with a AR 15 or AK-47 pattern rifle for varmint control. And can also be attached to crossbow, air rifles and for shotguns.
This is the favorite of lots of hunters and shooters who want affordable with the highest quality night vision scope
- Max range 75 to 100 yards
- Weight 2 Pounds
- Field of view at 100 m
- High 3x magnification Lens focus(mm):70
- Field of view(º): 14
- Eye relief(mm): 45
- Diopter adjustment(dptr): ±4
- Ergonomic design Diameter
- Exit pupil – 6mm
- Titanium built
- Battery Life with IR, is up to 20 hours, Battery Life.without IR, is 50 hours
- High-quality photos and resolution
- Lightweight and strong titanium body
- Built-in, high power IR illuminator
- Incremental reticle brightness adjustment
- Strong Material made
- Clear reticle
- Common sense placement of adjustments
- Reticle brightness intensity adjustable
- AA batteries (which are easily replaceable)
- Easy on-off
- IR attachment is also included (especially on a budget NVRS)
- Sometimes depending on the conditions inside the environment is very reflective and black dots show up
- IR effective range is 50 yards or a little more after 50 yards some black dots appear.
Firefield FF16001 has unique ergonomic features and a quality of durability that increases its effectiveness in hunting situations. This device exceeds many ordinary night vision scopes regarding magnification and clarity. It’s IR light mechanism works correctly enabling precise shots over long yards.
2: Sightmark SM18008 Photon XT 4.6x42S Digital Night Vision Riflescope (2nd best night vision scope under $500) :
The Sightmark SM18008 Photon is also the best night vision scopes for hunting. The scope is specially made to provide the user with enough room for recoils. Sightmark Photon XT has inbuilt 810nm LED IR illuminator that gives you the opportunity to see very clearly in total darkness. Hog and coyote hunters love this scope because it blends well when aiming for a target.
The Sightmark’s has a resolution of 640×480 resolution which provides a clear image of your target.
Sightmark SM18008 Photon is a 4.6x42mm scope which brings all the capability of a Gen 1 night vision scope.
Most of the digital night vision rifle scopes on the market will be bulkier and, and their batteries will not last throughout an entire day and night.
- 5-hour battery life
- Lighter weight than most of digital night vision riflescope
- Has Range of Detection 130 / 120 yd/m (object 1.7m high, illumination level 0.05 lux(1/4moon)
- Max effective range 200-250 yds
- Included carrying case.
- Included lens cloth.
- It comes with a video-out cable.
- Waterproof and shockproof.
- High battery life of up to 5 hours
- It is lightweight.
- Best Video output for you to see in most the conditions
- The scope has a quick start-up time.
- Warranty included
- Is easily operated
- Powers up instantly
- The buttons respond rapidly.
- No remote control included.
- NV scope available only in black color
Sightmark SM18008 Photon offers numerous features including aried IR illuminator, multiple reticles and long eye relief making it one of the best buys in its price range. It is durable, weatherproof, robust and light enough to be used for both day and night time use. It hardly has any downsides.
3: ATN X-Sight II HD 3-14 Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope (best night vision scope under $1000) :
The X Sight provides HD resolution images, for all your day or night hunting needs. X-Sight also provides the ability to calculate range and choose from many different zero settings based on the distance to the target. It can also be connected to your iOS or Android devices.
- Available in either 3-14x or 5-20x magnification
- 65 mm eye relief
- Micro SD card
- Micro USB
- Micro HDMI ports
- Compatible with Picatinny and Weaver-style rail mounts
- Bluetooth connectivity
- GPS built in for location tracking and recording
- Built-in Smart Rangefinder for your target without carrying additional equipment.
- 3D Gyroscope keeps images steady and blur-free, and E-compass helps you navigate by showing you your heading
- E-Zoom magnifies to target without losing what’s in your FOV like with step zoom systems
- 1080p HD Video Recording & Photos
- Wifi Streaming
- good range to 100 yds and depends on certain things for a further range
- ADVANCED Night vision
- HIGHLY Effective ATN RAV
- POWERFUL 3-14x magnification
- Enhanced image stabilization
- Two-year warranty
- A highly effective range finder
- Pre-programmed 7 reticle styles
- high-definition photos and videos capture feature
- Somewhat heavy
- Relatively short battery life
The ATN RAV and the advanced digital imaging are best in the daytime, and at night powerful magnification of the scope as another critical factor, this scope is ideal for all levels of hunting. X-Sight is an excellent choice for anyone.
4: Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Riflescope (with IR illuminator, Black, NIGHTSHOT) (best night vision scope under 600) :
NightShot is one of the few night vision scopes explicitly made for hunting at night. Using night vision rifle scope is straightforward.
The NightShot features 3x magnification and the display has a High resolution of 640×480. Its display image is sharp, and colors are bright, so you can easily see in the dark at further distances. Its range is 100-200 yards in a typical nighttime environment. It is Weatherproof and a well-built scope.This is the best night vision scope for crossbow
If you are looking for an inexpensive, lightweight, well constructed, and easy to use night scope, Night Owl Optics NightShot is for you.
- use with rifles up to 30 caliber
- 3x magnification
- 100-200 yd range in nighttime environment
- Built-in infrared illuminator
- High resolution, 640×480 display
- Weaver and Picatinny mounting
- 3 black and white reticles
- Approximately 3hrs battery life with 4AA batteries
- Magnification: 3
- Range: 100 yds in the typical nighttime environment
- Built-in infrared illuminator (high-power IR illuminator available separately)
- High resolution, 640X480 display
- Mount: Weaver and Picatinny rail systems
- Eye relief: 2.70 inches
- Field of view: 5.6 degrees
- Focusing distance: 10ft to infinity
- Reticles: 3 each in black and white
- Scope height from the rail: 1.5 inches
- Weight: 1.3 lbs
- Dimensions: 13.2 X 2.7 X 4 inches
- Power: 4 AA batteries
- Battery Life: Approximately 3 hours
- 850 nm IR
- Short battery life
5: Armasight Nemesis6x-SD Gen 2+ Night Vision Rifle Scope (best night vision scope under $2000) :
Armasight Nemesis Night Vision Riflescope, which is best for long range shooting. Excellent 6x magnification and sharpness allow you to view a target at a very long distance. It features Generation 2+ (gen 2) night vision technology which is far superior to Generation 1+ (gen 1).
Armasight Nemesis6x-SD Gen 2 scope comes with a uniquely thin crosshair reticle, which is very difficult to find in other rifles in the industry. Which helps you to aim and shoot, even at exceptionally far away small targets.
The Nemesis has Picatinny/Weaver mount that allows you use it with other weapons which have Picatinny/Weaver mount. The Nemesis is water resistant, robust, lightweight, made from aluminum. Best for a night vision scope for under $2000. Nemesis is rated as one of the best riflescopes in the market for long range.
- 6x Magnification with 6.5 degrees FOV
- Shock Protected, all-glass IR transmission multicoated optics
- Bright Source Protection, Auto Bright Control (ABC)
- An illuminated center red cross reticle for optimal contrast
- Easy to operate
- Water resistant
- Flip-up back-up iron sights
- Mounts to standard Weaver rails
- Variable reticle brightness
- Limited Two-Year Warranty
- Detachable infrared(IR) illuminator
- A longer range
- Better resolution
- Clearer and brighter images
- A full field of view
- Longer life expectancy than the Gen 1+
- More versatility
- 6x magnification
- Extremely-thin crosshairs
- Variable reticle brightness
- Auto Bright Control (ABC)
- It comes with a very powerful 6x magnification.
- The Nemesis is engineered with Generation 2+ (gen 2) night vision technology.
- It has shock-protected optics.
- Using due to its user-friendly controls is effortless.
- It comes with a very adequate waterproof housing.
- Protects eyes.
- Provides extended battery life of 60 hours.
- The scope can be controlled remotely.
- It has a multi-coated lens that reduces unwanted reflections.
- The Nemesis gives a two-year warranty.
- Doesn’t includes additional batteries or a carrying case.
- With more reticle style it would be better.
6: Bushenll 4.5X40 Equinox Z Digital Night Vision W/Mount – 260140MT :
Bushenll is one of the biggest manufacturers of optics in the world.
Bushenll 4.5X40 Equinox Z is a fantastic monocular, which makes use of its IR-sensitive CMOS sensor, as well as a micro LCD screen. With its high-performance glass objectives, zoom capability and extremely long battery life, it is one of the best scopes for hunting at night. Even though it falls on a budget category, it does perform admirably well. The Equinox Z line offers powerful infrared illumination and day and night viewing.
- Image capture
- Video capture
- 1x-3x zoom
- Daytime color
- Video out
- AA batteries
- Adjustable IR brightness
- Tripod mount
- Glass objective
- Carrying case
- Up to 750 ft viewing with infrared illuminator
- Long viewing range
- Image and video recording
- Narrow FOV
- Visible IR
- Short battery life
7: Pulsar Trail XQ Thermal Riflescope 3137– (Best for Professionals due to high range) :
Pulsar Trail XQ50 provides thermal imaging and precision location at long distances.
This product can detect heat signatures at an incredible 1970 yards, so you can engage with targets without being seen or heard. Pulsar products are among the best on the market regarding digital scopes, thermal imaging and night vision.
The best night vision scope for coyote hunting
This product works well both in day and night, and it offers eight hours of battery life. It is waterproof, fog proof and dustproof. And it includes the ability to connect to your smartphone or tablets with an app,
Pulsar Trail XQ50’s offers ‘white hot’ and ‘black hot’ modes, Its impressive 50Hz refresh rate provide users with fluid imaging, customized thermal mapping and a richly contrasted field of sight.
The Pulsar Trail XQ50 performs flawlessly in temperatures ranging from -13° to 122° F.It can record video and audio in HD. It is having 8gb of internal memory, a frost-resistant 640×480 AMOLED display and Stream Vision App compatible with Wi-Fi.
- Integrated high definition video recorder
- Stream Vision app connects the scope to the smart device
- Waterproof (IPX7)
- Up to 8 hours of battery life
- Multi-functional remote control
- Updatable software
- Variable magnification of 2.7-10.8x
- 1970 yard detection range
- The picture in picture digital zoom
- Three rifle profiles with 5 zero saves
- 13 changeable electronic reticles
- One-shot zeroing with freeze function
- A high-resolution AMOLED display
- Stadiametric rangefinder
- IRIS technology increased recognition and detection software
- stadiametric rangefinding,
- built-in accelerometer
- battery pack
- convenient carrying case
- wireless remote
- Fully waterproof
- Impressive detection distance
- High refresh rate
- Needs special tools for adjusting
8: Pulsar Core RXQ30V Thermal Riflescope under 2000$:
The Pulsar Core RXQ30V(riflescope/monocular) uses unique thermal imaging that produces heat signatures in a green sapphire tint for identifying targets It features super-fast video freeze function(this allows you to save specific parameters of zero for three rifles). It means that you do not have to keep resetting the scope whenever you switch from one scope to another.
Pulsar Core RXQ30V Thermal Riflescope features a ULIS 384×288 sensor and 640×480 AMOLED near-eye display, and CR123A battery (can memorize zeroing parameters.) is capable of detecting a man size target at over 985 yards with 50Hz refresh rate.
With RXQ30V the heat signature images you get are of high quality. If you are in a place where the use of night vision is not possible, The thermal scope is often the best way to go. Also features Pixel repair technology with IPX7 waterproof resistance. RXQ30V has 1.6x magnification up to 4x digital zoom.
- Optimum night vision capabilities
- Detects heat out to 900m
- 1.6-6.4x variable magnification
- 640×480 AMOLED display
- 3 modes of operation
- 50Hz refresh rate
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Runs on CR123A batteries
- Iris technology increased recognition and detection software
- High-resolution 384×288 core
- Lightweight and compact waterproof design
- while Battery pack is in place (IPX7)
- Convenient external power Supply USB & DS
- Easy target recognition
- Super-fast video freeze function
- Lightweight product; easy to carry
- Advanced object detection system included
- Waterproof battery system included
- Compact design and easy to setup
- Green sapphire display
- None for the price
- It is expensive
This particular model is expected to provide effective range of about 150 yards It’s priced a bit higher than the cheapest budget offerings, but all the features make it well worth it.4 hours of battery life if you’re using IR, or around 5, if you are n’t, L model, has a laser IR illuminator which throws much closer which maybe downside when you have a 6.5 times magnification and 200 yards of range optics are excellent for a Gen 1 scope.
Sightmark Photon XT is a great all-around night vision scope. You will get excellent image details up to 200 yards
- Lens Focus: 70 mm.
- Close Focus Distance: 10 m
- Digital reticle with the option of 6 reticle styles
- High 6.5x magnification for extended viewing range
- High-resolution display
- The built-in 780nm laser IR illuminator
- Shockproof and weatherproof
- High magnification
- Easy to use controls
- The scope allows you to pick up a target up to 200 yards.
- Quite fragile design
The Thor-HD series night vision thermal technology allows you to see animals even through fog and rain. The base version that is 5x max. You can change the zoom to “extended” and it goes up to I believe 12x however it becomes even more grainy but can come in handy for shot placement.
The thermal is by far superior at detection and more potent than most of the NV devices making it the best night visions scope for rats
- Image Performance 384×288 Sensor makes it The Best Thermal night vision scope because of heat energy detections technology
- Ballistic Calculator allows you to calculate the trajectory of your bullet and never to miss the target.
- Build-in Smart Rangefinder
- An angle of view: 12 x 9.5. Smooth Zoom
- High-Resolution HD Video Recording & Photos and record pictures with a high resolution of 1280 x 960
- Recoil Activated Video (RAV) and Wi-Fi Streaming
- Thermal Detection
- High resolution
- Impressive weather resistance
- Great functionality
- Bluetooth and Wifi
- Long Battery life
- Value Price VS Performance
- Contrast and clarit
- Very Expensive
- Too many technical options and so read the manual
- Not waterproof
Type of Night Vision Scope:
If you’re new to night vision scopes and what best to buy night vision scope, it is essential to all the information about it. There are 4 types of night vision scopes
- Generation 1
- Generation 2
- Generation 3
- Generation 4
These are usually used as Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen3 and Gen 4
- It was introduced in early 1960, and it has the following features
- The average range is more and less 75 yds
- Average Resolution
- The lower battery then Gen 2 and further
This type of scope is usually more expensive than gen 1 and are way better
- Average range 200 yds
- longer battery life compared Gen 1
- No need for IR illumination
- Better resolution
- These 2 Generations are the best option for those who want to use it as hobby or predator control.
- Currently used by military and is way more powerful with its advanced technology and accuracy
- Average sight range is 300 yards
- best low light performance
- best resolution images
The majority of people buy Gen 2 or inexpensive Gen 3 optic but if you have budget good enough then buy Gen 3.
According to the U.S. Army Gen 4 is also a Gen 3. It is a better-enhanced version of all the scopes features put together in Gen 3 with more advanced features it can perform excellently both in low and high-level light condition.
Also, There is a thermal Version of scope
See this video to see the difference
This is the best list of the best night vision rifle scope and crossbow scope in the market, and I am sure that you now know what you have to buy according to your needs and budget.
If you have to choose one of it I would go for Pulsar Trail XQ Thermal Riflescope, this is the best night vision scope for hunting. I know I know it’s expensive, but the features are so damn good.
And best budget night vision scope is Firefield FF16001 NVRS 3×42 Night Vision Riflescope
So feel free to share it with your friends who need to buy night vision scope and are confused about what to buy and how to get discount on it.
Also you can Quickly Check Compound bows that are Amazing for hunting too.