Here is a complete guide for best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies.
If You Are In a Hurry Here is a Quick Table:
|CELESTRON NEXTSTAR 6SE||Aperture:150 mm (5.91”)|
Focal Length:1500 mm (59”)
Assembled Weight:30 lbs
|ORION 10014 SKYQUEST XT4.5 CLASSIC DOBSONIAN||Aperture:100-150mm|
|CELESTRON NEXSTAR 130 SLT COMPUTERIZED||Aperture:130mm (5.12”)|
Focal Length:650mm (26”)
Weight 18 lbs:(8.16 kg)
|ORION 10016 STARBLAST 6 ASTRO REFLECTOR||Aperture:150mm-200mm|
|MEADE INSTRUMENTS INFINITY 102 MM AZ REFRACTOR||Aperture:102mm|
Here is a full review of best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies:
It is one of the best telescopes for beginners and intermediate astronomers. It is fully compatible with all the high-tech accessories. Its total weight is 30 pounds and includes a tripod.
It features a precision optical system of focal length 1500mm which will get high-quality images at extremely long range distances and offers 44% more light.
You can use NexStar+ hand-control to locate over 40,000 celestial objects.This scope also comes with printable sky maps, 75 enhanced photographs, and a 10,000-object database.
It is very easy to transport and use because it breaks down into several lightweight and compact pieces. It is extremely easy to use, so you won’t have any trouble using it.
- Aperture 150 mm (5.91”)
- Focal Length 1500 mm (59”)
- Magnification 60x
- Assembled Weight 30 lbs
- Light gathering power is 459x
- The SkyAlign technology gets your telescope ready to observe in minutes.
- Its Celestron’s iconic design is updated to provide the best stargazing experience.
- It can be easily broken down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
- It is fully automated GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects which automatically tracks and locates objects for you.
- It is portable and easy to use.
- Its computerized software will take your star tracking to a whole new level.
- Its steel tripod gives some extra-stability to your scope.
The Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 is a quality telescope which is easy to use and its viewing simplicity makes stargazing interesting and fun. For beginners and intermediate astronomers,
Its portable size, Its point, and view simplicity make it user-friendly and easy to use.
Its features a 4.5″ (114mm) diameter light mirror housed in an enameled steel tube. And it gathers 260% more starlight than a 60mm refractor. Which helps you to see objects in greater detail.
Its f/8 focal ratio and focal length give a detailed view of Saturn’s rings and Jupiter’s cloud band.
- Compact and lightweight
- 4.5″ aperture (100-150mm) and 900mm focal length
- Weight 22 lbs
- It Collects 260% more light than a typical beginner level (60mm) refractor telescope
- It Includes two eyepieces 25mm,10mm focal length Sirius Plossl
- 30×6 finder scope
- 1.25″ rack and pinion focuser
- Eyepiece rack, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
- Very good optical and mechanical performance
- Fully accessorized
- Great value
- Short eyepiece height
- Plastic focuser
The Celestron NexStar 130 SLT comes with fully computerized hand control. It features 5mm 1.25” Plossl eyepiece with magnification (26x, 72x).
The 26x magnification is good for low power and 72x magnification for medium-high power. .It is a great scope for all beginner and intermediate astronomers.
Its tube and the tripod are quite light, and can easily be adjusted. As it is an upgraded version of the NexStar 114 model telescope. It has 30% more light-gathering power than 114 mm telescope.
Its Newtonian design mirror gives fully accurate color-corrected views. It also features Celestron’s patented SkyAlign technology. With SkyAlign just enter the date and time then point the telescope at bright stars.
The SkyAlign tells the star names and allows the telescope to find planets, galaxies and 4,000 stars.
The downside of a computerized telescope is battery consumption. Its optics are made up of aluminum multi-coated glass parabolic mirror which improves contrast and transmission of light.
- Aperture 130mm (5.12”)
- Focal Length 650mm
- Magnification of eyepiece 1/2: 26x/72x;
- Highest/lowest useful magnification: 307x/19x;
- Weight 18 lbs
- Light gathering power 345x
- Computerized hand control
- Includes 4,000+ object database ,600 galaxies and 300 clusters
- Motorized Altazimuth mount
- Focal ratio: f5
- Wide-field views
- Computerized go-to tracking
- Light and portable
- The alignment process is easy
- Short battery life
- Sensitive to vibration
Orion-designed StarBlast 6 Astro Telescope is quite popular among both beginner and intermediate because it is highly portable, ease of use and comes with the base fully assembled in the box.
You can easily set it on the ground or even on a small table or the hood of your car, and enjoy the view. The Substantial 6″ aperture reflector optics reveal great detail on the planets, moon, nebulas, star clusters and galaxies.
It’s tabletop design offers great portability and a good grip. It Includes 10mm and 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ telescope eyepieces, eyepiece rack, Starry Night software and much more.
- Magnification 21x, 300x
- Weight 23.59 lbs
- Aperture 150mm-200mm
- Focal ratio f/5
- Easy to use and versatile performance
- It arrives pre-assembled in the box
- The compact tabletop design gives great grip and portability
- The Substantial 6″ aperture reflector optics reveal great detail on the planets, moon, nebulas, star clusters and galaxies.
- It Includes 25mm and 10mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ telescope eyepieces, aiming device, eyepiece rack, and much more.
- Easy to use
- Large aperture
- Large obstruction
- Tabletop stand design limits the usability of the telescope
If you are a beginner or never owned a telescope before, then Meade Infinity 102 mm AZ Refractor Telescope is the best scope for you.
It is Ideal for the observer who views both astronomical and terrestrial objects. The 102mm aperture gives a really nice sharp and bright image. Whether you like to view moons around Jupiter or rings of Saturn.
It comes with 3 eyepieces low, medium and high for viewing different objects.
- APERTURE 102mm
- FOCAL LENGTH 600mm
- Focal Ratio f/5.9
- Weight 5.5 lbs
- Red dot viewfinder helps you point your scope at objects you want to observe & accessory tray stores accessories while observing
- Low (26mm), medium (9mm), and high (6.3mm) magnification eyepiece gives you variety for any viewing situation
- The 2x Barlow lens doubles the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Altazimuth mount and slow motion controls for precision tracking means you can easily track objects day or night
- Includes Astronomical Software and Instructional DVD
- Large aperture size
- Comes with 3 eyepieces
- Easy assembly
- Accessory tray
- 2x Barlow lens
- For long distances, it is hard to focus
- Chromatic aberration
- Weak aluminum tripod
- Due to plastic components, the scope is a bit fragile